Sweet Pineapple Curry Chicken
- - 1 pouch Minute Rice® Basmati Rice
- - 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- - 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- - 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- - 2 cups (500 mL) cubed mixed bell peppers
- - 1 cup (250 mL) each chopped onion and pineapple chunks
- - 1/4 cup (50 mL) each melted apricot jam and ketchup
- - 1 tbsp (15 mL) each mild Indian curry paste and cider vinegar
- - 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
For a burst of fresh flavour, garnish the stir-fry with torn fresh basil or mint leaves.
Replace the chicken with cubed pork tenderloin.
Fresh or canned pineapple can be used in this recipe.
The curry paste can be replaced with curry powder.
Add hot pepper flakes or hot sauce for a spicier dish.
- Step 1 :Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, stir jam with ketchup, curry paste, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl until smooth.
- Step 2 :Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large wok set over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry until browned. Remove to bowl. Add peppers and onions; stir- fry until browned.
- Step 3 :Add reserved chicken, pineapple and sauce mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.
- Low-Fat Cheesy Rice
- Meatball and Pineapple Rice
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Whole Grain Rice Dinner